Dot WHOOAAAAA

 I thought it was very amusing to see dinosaurs used as the models for the various companies the professor showed that started off strong but started to die out and go extinct because they couldn't adapt to the new standards and evolving technology. The professor's stories about Free Range Media and other experiences he's had with other companies during this time really amused and intrigued me because I never thought that there'd be so much storytelling in a presentation talking about various companies that started up during the prelude, execution, and aftermath of the Dot.com bomb. 

Website creation and idea manifestation via the internet. It really had me think about the time I was like... 6 or 7 years old? When I tried to create a website about dragons because I was vastly entertained by the idea of them just.. being there in mythology. Little me wanted to create a hub that focuses on the education of others on dragons and why they could be this, they could be that and such. I wanted to be my own company, but then again I didn't know that maintaining a website could hold so much as far as adaptation to the newer standards, market, and overall maintenance. 

I didn't really think there would be some sort of race between companies to see who could dominate the online market for various services. Yahoo? I remember when I made my first email address through them. But I didn't even realize that they're such an old company, too.

Comments

Popular Posts