What should I expect?

Do I get straight to the point? Or should I go in full detail about ever single aspect of this class that I expect to gain some sort of knowledge from? This is, after all, a class about living in a virtual world.

For starters, I guess I should mention that I want to learn more about how data is simply passed around as I sit in one area. The professor did mention that even if I'm not directly interacting with host devices or anything technological, my data is passed around as I receive those that are also being passed around. How does it work, specifically? When I enter an area with high data traffic, do I enter some sort of protocol-enforced area that has my phone or laptop automatically agree to hop on the same highway and share my data? Maybe I've already agreed by connecting my devices to the university internet by logging in with my NetID to be able to connect? I don't know, maybe it's due to the fact that I'm a UW Tacoma student that I have unconsciously given this place consent to take my data and analyze it. I don't know *shrug*. 

Technology really is a fascinating concept because of its evolving nature and how you could almost never see the end of the horizon. The evolution of technology around us makes it seem like it's going to become fully integrated into our lives, probably even at birth. Could we be machines at some point? Since data is already gathered from our devices, why not get it from us ourselves? 

Comments

Popular Posts