Three Musketeers of stuff I wouldn't buy

 Hmm... what is it online that I wouldn't buy? Prepare yourself for the most unorthodox answers you have ever seen.

Number 1: Anime figures

As a weeb, I enjoy collecting things that pertain to anime. I currently own a Jolyne Cujoh figure, a character from the popular series by Hirohiko Araki called JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I got her on sale at a store at the South Hill Mall for a ridiculously low price. Now, I trust local businesses, because most of the time they have to be honest with their practices or else they get cancelled and eventually shut down. The reason why I won't buy anime figures online is because they're easily scalp-able. You could find a figure that costs like $35 online with an extra zero at the end, making its price $350. 

Number 2: Entertainment tickets via social media marketplaces

Dude, those things are easy to scalp too. Why do online ticket sales websites get sold out so fast? SCALPERS. Then they show up on stuff like Facebook Marketplace or OfferUp for ridiculously inflated prices. Like... why?! All that money for a stupid seat at maybe a stupid show. Sheesh I can never understand how people see that much value in something that's probably not even worth its cost anyway.

Number 3: "Premium Apps" on NSFW websites

They get advertised as free then ask for your credit card details when you try to sign up. If that alone is not enough reason to stay away from "premium access", I don't know what is.

Comments

Popular Posts